Temple Sinai Jewish Book Club 2018-19
2 years | 9 books | 2,000 years of history
As we mark the occasion of Jewish Book Month, we are excited to launch The Temple Sinai Jewish Book Club. Led by Rabbi Mates-Muchin and Rabbi Regev, the Jewish Book Club will meet bi-monthly over the next two program years as we dip our toes into the vast sea of Jewish books and the insights they offer into two-thousand years of our history.
Each of the nine books in this series was selected to represent and inspire a conversation and further learning around distinct periods in our Jewish heritage.
1. The Rabbinic Period – As a Driven Leaf / Milton Steinberg – December 2, 2018
2. The Middle Ages – The Itinerary of Benjamin of Tudela / Benjamin of Tudela – February 3, 2019
3. Enlightenment & Emancipation – The Pity of it All / Amos Elon – April 7, 2019
4. Turn of the 20th Century – The Brothers Ashkenazi / Israel Joshua Singer – June 2, 2019
5. The American Experience to World War II – Passage From Home / Isaac Rosenfeld – Date TBD
6. The Holocaust & Israel – A Tale of Love and Darkness / Amos Oz – Date TBD
7. The American Experience after World War II – Gentleman’s Agreement / Laura Z. Hobson –
8. Jewish People Today – My Name is Asher Lev / Chaim Potok – Date TBD
9. Contemporary Israel – To the End of the Land / David Grossman – Date TBD
For questions and further information, email Rabbi Regev, or call (510) 451-3263 x333. All meetings are accessible.