Jewish Book Club
two-thousand years of history
Led by Rabbi Mates-Muchin and Rabbi Regev, the Jewish Book Club will meet bi-monthly over the next two program years as we dip our toes into the vast sea of Jewish books and the insights they offer into two-thousand years of our history.
Each of the nine books in this series was selected to represent and inspire a conversation and further learning around distinct periods in our Jewish heritage. The Book Club will meet in the Albers Chapel at 9:30am on the dates identified below.
- The Rabbinic Period - As a Driven Leaf / Milton Steinberg – December 2, 2018
- The Middle Ages - The Itinerary of Benjamin of Tudela / Benjamin of Tudela – February 3, 2019
- Enlightenment & Emancipation - The Pity of it All / Amos Elon – April 7, 2019
- Turn of the 20th Century - The Brothers Ashkenazi / Israel Joshua Singer – June 2, 2019
- The American Experience to World War II - Passage From Home / Isaac Rosenfeld – Date TBD
- The Holocaust & Israel - A Tale of Love and Darkness / Amos Oz – Date TBD
- The American Experience after World War II Gentleman’s Agreement / Laura Z. Hobson – Date TBD
- Jewish People Today - My Name is Asher Lev / Chaim Potok – Date TBD
- Contemporary Israel - To the End of the Land / David Grossman – Date TBD
For questions and further information, contact Rabbi Regev at rabbireg[email protected], or 510-451-3263 x333. All meetings are accessible.